Pathfinder countries turn their commitments into action. They can pick up the pace in their own country and/or support other countries to accelerate action. At a national level, they convene strategic planning workshops on Target 8.7 to explore opportunities for collaboration and define national priorities.
The expected output of these workshops is a workplan that sets out priorities, key actions, responsibilities, timelines and budgets. The workshops should identify what a country needs to do to meet Target 8.7, which can include complying with international human rights and labour standards, legislative action, new and different policies, new partnerships, additional data and research, and identifying indicators to measure progress.
Alliance 8.7 strategic workshop in Nepal
At a regional or international level, pathfinder countries promote international human rights and labour standards relevant to Target 8.7. They also foster partnerships, exchange know-how and best practice, promote joint initiatives and generally support other partners by:
- Providing political support to sub-regional, regional and global level efforts
- Sponsoring, convening or chairing initiatives and events to accelerate action, share knowledge and build/strengthen capacity
- Providing orientation, guidance and technical support on specific topics
- Providing technical or financial support to test or scale up innovative approaches
- Sharing knowledge and expertise through alliance87.org and the Delta 8.7 knowledge platform
- Participating in one or more of the Alliance 8.7 Action Groups.